With MABR in IFAS mode you can immediately transform overloaded, inefficient, or even obsolete wastewater treatment plants into high efficiency facilities capable of servicing much higher population equivalents in a matter of weeks.
MABR in IFAS Mode
Incremental Expansion with MABR
As plants move towards the end of their working life it often means wastewater is not being treated to the required discharge levels. These installations are operating well beyond their intended lifespan and beyond their intended capacity. These issues all contribute to an inefficient and unsustainable demand for energy. The MABR can be deployed in a matter of days to supplement the biological treatment capacity of an existing Activated Sludge process and increase the treatment capacity by 50% allowing for either treatment capacity or higher effluent quality. The OxyMem MABR can be retrofitted within a wastewater treatment plant of almost any size often without emptying the tank / basin.
Key Benefits Upgrading a Wastewater Treatment Plant with MABR
– An uplift on the original capacity in existing tanks (50%+)
– Incremental capacity increase with modular MABR allowing expandable design and enabling a more dynamic asset strategy. Plug and play installation with short start-up period (4-6 weeks)
– An automated solution which operates in parallel with existing processes
– Capital saving
– No additional tanks needed for expansion
– Energy savings, a minimum 7X saving on energy costs over CAS
– 50% reduction in sludge production (compared to CAS)
Example of MABR IFAS Advantages
The Benefits of Sweating the Assets
- Deliver 50% additional treatment capacity in a matter of weeks without draining the tanks adding 50% more capacity to the WWTP by retrofitting a conventional AS system is costly, time-consuming and requires 187.5 m² available space to be built on (Table).
- OxyMem MABR module gives a unique possibility to instantly increase the capacity of the existing AS WWTP without creating any additional footprint.
- Operational advantages of adding OxyMem MABR as a retrofit. Increasing the capacity of the existing WWTP by 50% corresponds to 50% rise in the energy costs increase when upgrading with AS system. In the case of retrofitting with OxyMem MABR, operational energy expenditure for a year is €1901 versus €8950 spent additionally for the new AS system.